Saturday, July 12, 2008

Catching up

The Ladies who opened the evening's entertainment - 1001 Pots vernissage, Friday, July 11, 2008. Photo by JF Davignon.
First of all, my apologies for no posts of late. As things usually go, there just wasn't enough time to do it all. By that I mean laundry, dishes, blog and take pictures of my latest work - work that is now on display at 1001 Pots in Val-David. There was barely enough time to cook a good meal and many take out meals have been the result. That and those BBQ chickens that one can pick up in almost any grocery store these days.
This weekend I have absolutely nothing planned...well, almost nothing. There is that small matter of turning my almost empty shop into a place that still looks inviting and showcases my work before hanging my sign out at the top of the road. Seeing as it's now noon-ish, I think that will have to wait until after lunch.

Thursday's installation at 1001 Pots went well. The scene upon arrival was hectic. I was unpacked and completely set up in 4 hours thanks to Val, my stepdaughter.

I'm really happy with my pots this year. Five colours are represented - a rich glossy brown glaze that shows throwing lines well, an electric cobalt matte blue glaze that really catches the eye, a light blue glaze that I call Blue Jeans - it fires well to cone 8 so it works very well on the top shelf of my kiln which is the coolest place; an iron red called Tomato and Shiney White, which I used alone and in combination with Tomato, which turned out bloody gorgeous and is my new favorite.

The five colours are like the elements represented in the pentacle. Rich brown for earth, electric blue for water, light blue for air, iron red for fire and white for spirit.

Last night JF and I returned to the venue for the vernissage. It was quickly getting too dark for pictures, but JF managed to snap two (one featured above) and then the battery in the camera died. We'll definitely have more pictures from the show as the weeks progress. In the meantime, here's the latest from the garden.


Resting" Photo by JF Davignon

"Awakening" Photo by Valérie Davignon


"Awake!" Photo by Valérie Davignon

"Under" Photo by Valérie Davignon



"Co-mingling" Photo by Valérie Davignon

No comments: