Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Babies Are Back

Garden Ladies - from the 1001 Pots exhibition.

My pots are back home! Not all of them, mind you. Some of them went to good homes via 1001 Pots.

The exhibition was rainy and attendance lower than normal so in response 1001 Pots lowered their commission on pieces sold by 2%. It's not a lot, but I think that most other exhibitions wouldn't feel moved to do the same. The weather is uncontrollable, after all.

It's nice to work with a very reasonable and understanding group such as 1001 Pots. After all, Kinya Ishikawa is a working ceramic artist who has been networking and supporting his collegues for the past 20 years or more. He understands.

I didn't get to Val-David often this year, but the times I was there were inspiring. Each year I take away valuable information and learn something new. After all, this craft is as old as humanity. There is much to learn.


Coils Galore! - from the 1001 Pots exhibition.

No comments: